NYCC 2014 FYI
To permanently save this episode’s MP3 file to your computer or other listening devices, right-click the link below to bring up sub-menu and select “Save Target/Link As…” Pick where you want it to save to, and you’re set.
Look for us on iTunes, or just Download MP3
Note: We like our language NSFW salty, and there be spoilers here…
Face Front, True Believer! West Side was represented in episode 3, so now it’s East Side’s turn! The slightly less world renowned but still well regarded and now more heavily attended New York Comic Con held its 2014 gathering earlier this month, and our vociferous speakers Diabolu Frank, Mister Fixit & Illegal Machine have cranked out over an hour of commentary on news surrounding the event with our first ever special guest, Pekita Trotamundos! How’s that for service, effendi?
- 01:39 Captain America: Civil War. The Warner Brothers DC Comics Cinematic Universe. The Fantastic Four grim n’ gritty reboot. Knocking out the big stuff right at jump.
- 13:40 Talking early comics-related experiences in Mexico with Pekita!
- 22:25 Let’s talk about the latest batch of actors who ultimately won’t be cast as Doctor Strange, especially Keanu Reeves. Also, what about his villains? And screw it, Frank offers his top 5 Clea casting picks, for all anyone cares.
- 29:12 Wonder Woman ’77. Bitching about Black Widow. Guardians of the Galaxy, Nicole Perlman, and the Gamora ongoing series. More girl power at Marvel. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Daredevil on Netflix. DC Domino Dancing.
- 39:38 Apocalypse casting. The Zod Distraction.
- 46:42 The Mighty Marvel Mailbag in broken English! Includes Pekita’s ranking of the Marvel Studios movies.
As you can tell, we love a fierce conversation and a pretty picture, so why don’t you socialize with us, either by leaving a comment on this page or…
- Tweet us @rolledspine
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roll through our tumblr
- If this blog won’t let you comment, we’ve got a spare