#MarvelSHP MPDC Spring Special 2015
To permanently save this episode’s MP3 file to your computer or other listening devices, right-click the link below to bring up sub-menu and select “Save Target/Link As…” Pick where you want it to save to, and you’re set.
Note: We like our language NSFW salty, and there be spoilers here…
Face Front, True Believers! It’s been four months since #MarvelSHP Annual 2014, so we felt like it was time to push out another clip show as a seasonal event! However, due to another recording error where Frank’s stupid laptop with the dicey USB port defaulted to a crumby internal microphone, the vast majority of this extra-length, minimally-edited show will be new material! To listeners, anyway! Well, as new as our continuing to talk noise about comic book media adaptations and other nerd ephemera gets! Besides roughly an hour of Mister Joe Fixit taking the fore (for once,) we also dug into the vaults for a best of compilation of episode three– SDCC 2014 FYI and episode sixteen– NYCC 2014 FYI, scavenging whatever pearls we could find from our coverage of comic conventions from last year (including previously deleted tangents!) Also, before and after candor for
episode 21– Howard the Duck (1986)! While Moon Knight is barely a subject this episode, he’s an excellent figurehead for the show’s dissociative identity disorder, as we spend most of the second hour in the role of The DC Super Heroes Podcast! Cast a nostalgic ear toward the days when our equipment was garbage and there was tons of audible artifacts (Ooo thunderstorms! Dogs! TV in the background!) It’s even more strictly amateur hour than usual, so much so that we can’t even be trusted to keep it at an hour!
- 0:01:19 Fixit on Herb Trimpe & Rob Liefeld
- 0:02:43 Fixit samples the TV shows Constantine, Arrow, The Flash, & Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- 0:10:20 Fixit on the DC original animated movie Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
- 0:12:18 The trio on the teaser trailer for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- 0:17:01 Fixit wants to add Suicide Squad to the mix…
- 0:28:29 Furious 7 sucked.
- 0:30:27 Clip Show: Star Wars movies from Dark Horse to Marvel
- 0:33:25 Star Wars: The Force Awakens preview trailer
- 0:42:09 We are not talking about Jurassic World…
- 0:47:07 …but we will talk about Jeff Goldblum…
- 0:50:51 …and somehow, Straight Outta Compton
- 0:54:17 “Deleted Scenes”: Superior Spider-Man, Bendis GotG, Angela, Geoff Johns & Ebola
- 1:06:12 “Deleted Scenes”: Ducking Hell and the Burdens of Being an Aquafan
- 1:11:38 “Deleted Scenes”: Moon Knight
- 1:13:59 Marvel’s Ultimate “Catastrophe” and Batman Eternal
- 1:17:03 “Deleted Scenes”: The Death & Return of Superman
- 1:23:44 “Deleted Scenes”: The New 52
- 1:31:04 The Peter David Discussion: Aquaman/Supergirl/Hulk
- 1:41:42 The Jason Momoa Aquaman/Namor Proxy
- 1:50:51 Batmen
- 1:57:49 Not Iron Man 4
- 2:00:02 Legos Helicarrier
- 2:03:34 “Deleted Scenes”: Jim Shooter at Marvel & Valiant
- 2:08:07 “Deleted Scenes”: Girlbusters & The Bill Murray Meme
- 2:14:00 The not-so-Mighty Marvel Tweet Bag
As you can tell, we love a fierce conversation and a pretty picture, so why don’t you socialize with us, either by leaving a comment on this page or…
- Tweet us as a group @rolledspine, or individually as Diabolu Frank & Illegal Machine. Fixit don’t tweet.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roll through our tumblr
- If this blog won’t let you comment, we’ve got a spare