JLA: Day Minus-One (1977)
The Manhunter from Mars offers a supplement to JLMay– The JLA: Year One Podcast Crossover Event! In the second edition of JLA: Day One Diabolu Frank discusses his (and apparently Comics Should Be Good‘s Brian Cronin’s) favorite origin story for the team from
Justice League of America #144 (July, 1977)! Another very important tale of the Sleuth from Outer Space, “The Origin of the Justice League – Minus One!” offers a prequel to the better known Silver Age story that firmly grounds the team (but especially J’onn J’onzz) in the paranoid 1950s McCarthy era America! This setting and the influence of the Steve Englehart/Dick Dillon story have permeated the Alien Atlas’ modern interpretation, arguably having more impact on how the character is perceived by fans today than any comic that preceded it!
From here follow JLMay to these fantastic podcasts! Each will cover different issues of JLA: YEAR ONE and each will come out in May! And don’t forget to use the hashtag #JLMay when discussing on social media!
- Justice League of America #9 (February, 1962)
- Secret Origins Podcast #32 (1988)
- JLA: Year One #1 & #2 on Aquaman and Firestorm: The Fire and Water Podcast ep. 163
- JLA: Year One #3 & #4 on The Power of Fishnets 6
- JLA: Year One #5 & #6 on Waiting for Doom Episode 57
- JLA: Year One #7 & #8 on The LanternCast
- Super Mates
- Comic Reflections
- Views from the Longbox
We enjoy dialogue on the red planet, so here are our non-telepathic contact options:
- Tweet host Diabolu Frank directly, or probe @rolledspine as a group.
- Email Diabolu
- If the main Idol-Head of Diabolu blog isn’t your thing, try the umbrella Rolled Spine Podcasts.