Listener Discretion Advised
Movies by Minutes-style coverage of George A. Romero’s horror masterpiece, researched by Diabolu Frank with archival footage throughout. This episode offers a George Romero “autobiography,” a Christine Forrest Romero spotlight, and a look at the music of the film with emphasis on Goblin’s “L’alba Dei Morti Viventi”.
Bonus movie review: Lucio Fulci’s Zombi 2.
WGON TV (News Traffic Weather)
- Screenplay courtesy of HorrorLair
- Dawn of the Dead (Ultimate Edition) commentary excerpt courtesy of Anchor Bay Entertainment
- Dawn of the Dead novelization by George A. Romero and Susanna Sparrow published by Gallery Books
- Dawn of the Dead Audiobook as read by Jonathan Davis for Audible Studios
- “Cosmogony Part 1” by Paul Lemel
- “L’alba Dei Morti Viventi” by Goblin
- “L’alba Dei Morti Viventi (Alternate Take)” by Goblin
- “Zombi (The Living Dead Voices)” by Goblin
- “L’alba Dei Morti Viventi” by Roger Rotor
- “L’alba Dei Morti Viventi” by Bloodstar
- “L’alba Dei Morti Viventi” by Nemesi
- News footage courtesy of CBS Pittsburgh
- Lyceum clip courtesy of Pittsburgh PBS
- Masters of Horror clip courtesy of Showtime Networks Inc./CBS Corporation
- The Dick Cavett Show clips courtesy of Daphne Productions, Inc.
- Time Magazine clip courtesy of TIME USA, LLC.
- TIFF clip courtesy of Toronto International Film Festival Inc.
- KVIFF clip courtesy of Film Servis Festival Karlovy Vary:
George A. Romero, Dawn of the Dead, Podcast, WGON TV, Francine Parker, Christine Forrest Romero, Stephen King, Tom Savini, Dario Argento, Roger Ebert, Night of the Living Dead, ZombiCast